My 2nd epidural did not go well. Either I wasn't numb all the way and or both, he hit a nerve. I have never felt pain like this in my life. Not once, but twice before he put in more "local". I have sharp shooting pains in my spine and hips, my back muscles are spasming. I went to dr. yesterday and got some muscle relaxers. I slept on a heating pad all night, now I am using ice as I type this.
SO, here is what I know about my back:
I have Osteoarthritis in my thoracic spine..(I knew this). on my T6 & T7 vertebra I have Sclerosis (hardening of the bone, due to bones rubbing together) I have bone spurs on the anterior of my thoracic spine (inside facing chest). Surgery to correct bone spurs or such is not an option in the Thoracic spine. It is what it is.
I will call my Spine & Pain Management Dr. today and ask his reasoning for me going to a Endocrinologist, since my family dr. doesn't know why I would need to go there since I don't have bone fractures or leaning towards osteoporosis because my bone scan was good. I certainly don't want to pay $50.00 and drive 1 hour away if I don't need to.
This has got to get better right? LOL
Life is good, I know it is. I am blessed, have a great family, the best friends in the whole world. I mean how lucky can you be when you don't have one best friend, but MANY? Yea, it's that good.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
here goes
Posted by Water Runs Through My Soul at 4:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well, at least you are getting somewhere w/ your medical knowledge. Keeping your spirits up (trying to). All that jazz.
Hang in there, Angie. On my worst days, I also have to step back and think of who and what are my blessings, and realize I'm overwhelmed with them even if that moment feels so dark.
Hugs to you today:) And, yes, question your medical care just don't ignore it.
Robin is right...at least you're getting some answers. That does count for something.
Feel better, love.
XOXO
Post a Comment